GO HOME to www.stopgulfoildisaster.org // Actions & photo-blog
(To see more actions from around the globe & all preceding entries, click the 'Older Posts' link at the bottom of this blog.)

Chicago, IL: Action report from Nancy, a dancer from New York

A dancer from New York, I am in Chicago for a long weekend, staying in a suburb without a car and not in charge of my own schedule. I knew there was an action in Chicago, but I could not get to it, so I decided to take what action I could manage in the circumstances. I distributed flyers that I downloaded from the website at the local commuter train station just before a train was to arrive. Rather to my surprise, almost everyone took a flyer and most people thanked me. The railway officials did not chase me away either. When the train pulled out, I moved to a large supermarket. There, I had a very different experience. Almost no one took a flyer and before long an employee of the market came out to me and said, "We do not allow soliciting here; you have to leave." -Nancy, AMERICAN CREATIVE DANCE

No comments:

Post a Comment